jeudi 30 juin 2011

Starting a new quilt!



Starting a new quilt!  /   Je commence un nouveau quilt!






People often ask me how I choose my fabrics or my colors. Most of the time, I start from some unusual color combination I happen to see somewhere. I take pictures, or I describe what I see, as precisely as possible, in a little note book I carry with me and try to capture it again when I get home. I also sometimes find a picture in a magazine which inspires me. (Do I discreetly tear a page off a beautiful magazine in my dentist's waiting room? Well ... no, ... or ... only once!)


Les gens me demandent souvent comment je choisis mes tissus ou mes couleurs. La plupart du temps, je commence par une combinaison de couleurs que j'ai vue quelque part. Je prends des photos, ou je décris ce que je vois de façon aussi précise que possible, afin de le recréer une fois à la maison. Je trouve aussi quelques fois des photos de magazines qui m'inspirent. (Est-ce que je déchire discrètement une page d'un magnifique magazine dans la salle d'attente de mon dentiste? Euh.... non, ...ou alors ... juste une fois!)


More My creative space here!

4 commentaires

  1. Ooohh loving these colours!! And also the dentist story.. haha I can just imagine it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. belles couleurs au moins plus de 45 tissus!As- tu déjà la taille finie ?
    J'ai hâte de voir la suite
    bonne journée
    michele

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. J'ai d'abord lu la taille fine! Je n'aurai jamais la taille fine! Le quilt mesurera environ 1m/80cm et il y aura une centaine de tissus.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I believe you were born with a perfect color sense. And this collection proves my theory!

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.