dimanche 17 juillet 2011

Quit National 2011

Have you had your Quilt National 2011 copy yet? 
I've just received mine and stopped all activity to enjoy it. And I enjoyed it! A good year, with a lot of new names, a very good quality photography and wonderful quilts.

Vous avez déjà eu votre copie de Quilt National 2011?
Je viens de recevoir la mienne et j'ai cessé toute activité pour pouvoir me délecter. Et je me suis délectée! Une très bonne cuvée, de nombreux nouveaux noms, une très bonne qualité photographique et des quilts formidables.





Although the book shows very contemporary quilts, one of my favorite quilt in this book is one of the most traditional of all, a quilt made of hexagons, Kaleidoscope II, by Anke Kerstan, from Berlin. 


Bien que le livre montre des quilts très contemporains, un de mes quilts favoris dans ce livre est un des plus traditionnels de tous, un quilt fait d'hexagones, Kaleidoscope II de Anke Kerstan, de Berlin.




One of the reason of my liking is that it suddenly reminded me of one of my love at first sight quilt, from at least 30 years ago, when I discovered the following quilt in one of my first quilt book, Patchwork & Appliqué, Sarah Parr editor, Marshall Cavendish. 
I still have in a bag,  some hexagons and already made hexagon flowers, but never went further! One more on the long list of quilts to finish, but it will presumably remain in this embryonic state forever!


Une des raisons de mon attirance est que cela m'a soudain rappelé un de mes premiers coups de foudre patchwork d'il y a au moins 30 ans en arrière, quand j'ai découvert le quilt suivant dans un de mes premiers livres de patch, Patchwork & Appliqué, édité par Sarah Parr, Marshall Cavendish. 
J'ai toujours un sac contenant des hexagones et des fleurs déjà cousues, mais cela n'a jamais été plus loin. Encore un projet sur la longue liste des quilts à terminer, mais celui-ci, vraisemblablement, restera dans son état larvaire pour toujours!





3 commentaires

  1. Hello, I also have ordered a copy of this book and now I nearly cannot wait until it arrives here.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. J'ai trouvé magnifique ce livre ,il est aussi une belle représentation des quilts en 2011, un "traditionnel" trouve encore facilement sa place même dans une expo pareil et les quilts contemporains sont très représentatifs des courants actuels. J'ai aussi remarqué un beau retour du quilting main

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The hexie quilts ate nothing short of spectacular! Both the image from the new publication and the one that served as your inspiration.

    I have sent links to several friends who I know will appreciate what you have shared here. And I can't wait til Diane returns from CHA so i can share with her!

    She is building a hexie quilt from all the bits and pieces of her Kanzashi and it is going to be beautiful.

    I hope your's will not remain in it's embryonic state forever. that would be a terrible shame.

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.