mardi 11 février 2014

Hexagones!!



Kaleidoscope II, Anke Kerstan, Berlin


One of my favorite hexagon quilt from all times is the one I saw at Quilt National, by  Anke Kerstan, from Berlin.

Un de mes quilts d'hexagone préférés, de tous les temps, est celui vu à Quilt National, par Anke Kerstan de Berlin.


Kaleidoscope II, Anke Kerstan, Berlin


I always think I'm going to make one, but never find the time. I do have everything ready to start one with Liberty fabrics, in the same pattern than the one above. I bought a kit, years ago, and I have enough Liberty fabrics to make a large quilt...

J'ai toujours pensé que j'en ferais un une fois, mais n'ai jamais trouvé le temps. J'ai tout ce qu'il faut pour en commencer un avec des tissus Liberty, avec le même design que le quilt ci-dessus. J'ai acheté une fois il y bien longtemps, un kit, et j'ai assez de tissus Liberty pour faire un grand quilt...


Karen, of Pieces of Contentment is starting a lovely paper piecing hexagon quilt, in beautiful colors. Check her way of cutting a lot of hexagons at the same time. She saved her little triangles for future use. 

Karen, de Pieces of Contentment commence un joli quilt en hexagones couture anglaise, dans de très belles couleurs. Observez sa manière de couper beaucoup d'hexagones en même temps. Elle a gardé les petits triangles pour une usage futur. 

Pieces of Contentment


See what my daughter did with her little triangles. (Yes, she is making a beautiful blue hexagon quilt by hand.)

Voyez ce que ma fille a fait de ses petits triangles. (Oui, elle est en train de faire à la main un magnifique quilt bleu avec des hexagones.)







6 commentaires

  1. This hexi quilt is simply mind blowing! I can easily see why you love it so much. The interplay of fabrics create such a feeling of depth and mystery. A truly beautiful piece. I thank you for sharing it! AND your daughter's hand quilted piece as well. I have said it before - the apple did not fall far from the tree!!

    I stopped by mainly so that I could take a moment to thank you not only for your continued friendship these past years, but for all the time and thought you have invested into this blog. Every post from color vibrations to inspirations to tutorials to quilt show visits holds a wealth of inspiration and your images never fail to lift my spirits. I don't let you know my appreciation often enough. But, as it is almost Valentine's Day in the USA it is an appropriate time to thank you and to wish you Happy Valentines Day

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks so much Pam! Readers like you make blog writing worth it!
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Maryline

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. A visual feast, that's what this post is! My goodness, I love the use of plaids in those triangle-based hexies.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love the shape! You draw an hexagon, and you cut one side in half, pass through the center, and hit the opposite side. You do that two more times, and you have this special hexagon based kite shape that offers so many possibilities!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Moi aussi, je l'ai vu à Sainte Marie aux Mines, et j'ai adoré! Je rêve d'en faire un, mais je crois que c'est trop minutieux pour moi... Quand à l'utilisation des petits triangles, l'idée est géniale et le résultat aussi! Quelle finesse et quelle harmonie...

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.