jeudi 16 juin 2011

Pin cushions




Friday will be Pincushion Afternoon at Tomorrow's Quilts where I teach from time to time. 
Do you know Granulex? It's a product you can put in handmade dolls and soft animals to make them a bit heavier. I use some of it combined to synthetic filling in my pincushions so they are a bit heavier and don't come with the pin when I want one. I know people use all kind of things for pincushions, like sand,  or rice, but this is the best combination for me. Sometimes I use only Granulex for filling, it works very well.


Vendredi aura lieu un après-midi Pelotes à épingles chez Tomorrow's Quilts où j'enseigne parfois.
Connaissez-vous Granulex? C'est un produit que vous pouvez mettre dans les poupées et peluches faites main pour les rendre un peu plus lourdes. J'en utilise un peu en combinaison avec de la ouate synthétique pour remplir mes pelotes, pour qu'elles ne viennent pas avec l'épingle quand j'en veux une. Je sais que des gens utilisent toutes sortes de matériaux, comme le riz et le sable, mais pour moi c'est la meilleure solution. Quelques fois je n'utilise que du Granulex comme rembourrage, et ça marche très bien.




More My Creative Space here!

5 commentaires

  1. Love the fabric combo on that square one in the top photo. I too like a heavy pin cushion - great tip!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Love your pincushions, all of them! Thank you for sharing the tip for the Granulex.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. really great pincushions, love the colors an different types especially the "flower" (?) pincushion. thanks for sharing the tip for Granulex!
    JenMun(a)

    found you via creative space!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love the little navy and white stripey one on the left of the first picture!

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.