mercredi 20 novembre 2013

A quilt for a man / 2


I'm not a great fan of borders for quilts, because more than often, a border can kill a quilt rather than enhance it. 
But the quilt I have completed now is a bit small, and no way I'm going to make the 16 additional blocks that would be necessary for a perfect size! (Yes, I know I'm lazy, but this quilt is going to be used to keep warm while watching TV, and giving a quilt is always dangerous, because you don't know if the person will appreciate it. So let's keep the size at a convenient minimum!)
All that to tell you that this time I've decided to put a border to this Log Cabin quilt. A really-very-powerful border, let's live dangerously!!

Je ne suis pas fan des bordures, car plus souvent qu'à son tour, une bordure tue le quilt plutôt que de l'embellir.
Mais le quilt que je suis en train de faire est un peu petit, mais pas question de faire encore les 16 blocs qui seraient nécessaires pour atteindre la taille parfaite. (Oui, je sais, je suis paresseuse, mais ce quilt sera utilisé pour s'enrouler devant la télé, et de toute façon, donner un quilt est toujours risqué, car on ne sait pas si la personne appréciera. Alors gardons la taille dans une dimension minimum convenable!)
Tout ça pour dire que cette fois j'ai décidé de mettre une bordure! Une bordure très-présente-et-très-graphique, vivons dangereusement!

I therefore went through all my fabrics, from cellar to ceiling, from drawers to scrap baskets to find every lined or striped fabric I had, in brown, yellow, and black and white tones.

J'ai donc fouillé tous mes tissus, de la cave au grenier, de tiroirs en cartons de restes pour trouver chaque tissu ligné que je possède dans les tons bruns, jaune et noir et blanc.

I cut all my fabric in stripes, parallel to the lines. 
See you next week, I'm starting with my border this afternoon!

J'ai coupé tous mes tissus en bandes, parallèlement aux lignes. 
A la semaine prochaine, je commence ma bordure cet après-midi!




Linking to Freshly Pieced WIP


5 commentaires

  1. the new fabrics you picked are looking very manly, indeed! it's going to be a great quilt.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Love all those stripes! Looking forward to seeing what you do. I just shared pictures of a log cabin with a pieced border. I am not a big fan of borders either.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Il en a de la chance cet homme !!!!, le quilt sera magnifique

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love your colours! Warm but quite manly. Can't wait to see what you're planning to do on the borders...

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.