mardi 8 décembre 2015

A new quilt for Christmas / 5




The first part of the quilt is ready, I'm pinning the remaining blocks on my wall. 

La première partie du quilt est prête, j'épingle le blocs restants sur mon mur.


I'm altering some blocks, some I leave just as they are. Again, I have to decide where is the balance between not enough and too much!

Je transforme certains blocs, et j'en laisse d'autres comme ils sont. De nouveau, je dois décider où est l'équilibre entre pas assez et trop!


This time it should be all right, I'm going to sew the blocks to the rest of the quilt.

Cette fois ça devrait aller. Je vais coudre les carrés au reste du quilt.

A new quilt for Christmas / 1
A new quilt for Christmas / 2
A new quilt for Christmas / 3
A new quilt for Christmas / 4
A new quilt for Christmas / 6

Linking to WIP Freshly Pieced


13 commentaires

  1. This looks great - very bright and cheerful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a beautiful take on string blocks! I've never seen a quilt composed this way, and it stunning. Glad I popped in, and I'm sure you have a lot more eye candy awaiting me.

    Sincerely, Julie @ Pink Doxies

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. So many strings and such beautiful colors. GREAT work.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. L'effet est saisissant ! Pas étonnant que le quilt de Noël est devenu une tradition chez vous ... ;-) Et c'est vraiment chouette de suivre le processus de réalisation.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks for stopping by!
    I love String quilt technique, one can make so many design with it!
    Maryline

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. This is gorgeous!!! I love how it is coming together.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I love string quilts, I am a big fan of anything scrappy

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Very pretty. I think I need to try a string quilt!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Wow--as always, your colors are so dazzling!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Beautiful colors, the strings show them off so well together!

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.